The overall objective of the project is to promote Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Creating Shared Values (CSV) for private sector-civil society organisations (CSOs) cooperation toward achieving sustainable development goals (SDGs), by establishing an effective cooperation mechanism between business sector and CSOs in Vietnam.
The project is implemented by the Institute for Research on Development Communication (RED) – lead organisation (Vietnam) and Pro NGO! e.V. (Germany).
The project is co-funded by the Delegation of the European Union to Vietnam.
The project lasts in 42 months, from 1 September 2020 to 29 February 2024.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Enhancing the capacity of CSOs and enterprises in Vietnam with a focus on collaborative CSR and CSV projects toward achieving SDGs
- Establishing an effective cooperation mechanism (including tools, instruments and training courses to improve mutual understanding between business sector and CSOs in Vietnam with the goal of implementing CSR and CSV actions related to the SDGs
- Raising Awareness to promote the trend of collaborating in CSR and CSV projects toward achieving SDGs to the benefit of Vietnamese society.
- Development of tools and instruments that enable an effective cooperation mechanism between corporate sector and CSOs in implementing CSR and CSV projects toward achieving SDGs is operated and maintained by a coordination board;
- 200 Vietnamese CSOs have the capacity to design and cooperate with enterprises in implementing CSR/CSV projects which meet the SDGs;
- 300 enterprises and 200 Vietnamese CSOs understand the importance and effectiveness of CSR/ CSV related to SDGs trend;
- Improved capacities and know-how in project design and management thanks to 10 sub-grants from the project for 10 small Vietnamese CSOs (max. 10,000€/grant);
- 30 CSR/CSV projects between enterprises and CSOs focusing on one or more of the selected SDGs implemented during the project implementation;
- The cooperation mechanism between enterprises and CSOs established and maintained;
- SDGs become well-known and widespread across Vietnamese Society.
Project photos in Photogallery >>
Interview of Dr. Lothar Rieth for VTC - Vietnam Digital Television: